Thursday, August 26, 2010

Never a dull moment.

Today we launched right into Theatre History. I warned them all ahead of time that I totally geek out over this stuff. And, true t form, I did. But not because I'm overly enthused about theatre history.

I got to explain to them the plot line of Oedipus Rex.

The faces on these kids was *priceless*. And the highlight was this exchange:

Me: So Oedipus marries the queen and has kids with her. She also happens to be his mother.
Student: UGH! That's worse than incest!
Me: *blinkblink* Honey, that IS incest.
Student: Yeah, but, like, it's so much worse than if it was his sister or brother or something.
Me: Uuuuuh.... I don't think think they differentiate. Incest is incest.

It took everything in my power to not spout out, "If you can't keep it in your pants, keep it in your family."

No comments:

Post a Comment